NDSU Extension extends education to North Dakota residents of all ages and walks of life. You’ll find us at work in your county, at Research Extension Centers and at the main campus of North Dakota State University. As North Dakotans work to improve their lives, we’re there to help. Our efforts have a special emphasis on strengthening agriculture and developing the potential of youth, adults and communities. Our efforts are funded by county, state and federal government, and grants and contracts.
We have a rich history of extending North Dakota’s land-grant university. Federal legislation established Extension in 1914, but years before that our predecessors were extending education through lectures, institutes, tours, fairs and demonstrations.
Empower North Dakotans to improve their lives and communities through science-based education
NDSU Extension believes:
- In lifelong learning through transformational education
- That all people belong and deserve respect
- In stakeholder input to guide program development
- In science-based, locally relevant information
- In the value of partners and collaboration
Highlighted Areas of Support
NDSU Extension Service
Rural Leadership North Dakota